04 April 2017

Easy Easter Table Runner

This is a free pattern from Me and My Sister Designs, I used a mini jelly roll of V and Co. Ombre Color Theory solids with a few prints from their Spectrum fabric line.  Originally I was going to applique a bunny onto the runner, but then I thought that would limit the table runner to being only used during Easter.
Or course Aurifil was used and since I was using Ombre fabric, what better than ombre thread (aka. variegated)
4660 Pink Taffy, 3320 Spring Green, 4662 Spotted, 4669 Stonewash blues, 4670 Silver Fox
I also changed the pattern slightly to do a little bit QAYG (Quilt As You Go) style, since I have a hard time keeping my batting to stay in place while sewing (read here: I hate pinning)  So I sewed the 5 color groupings together and then sewed each one onto the batting.
Above you can see the Pink is down using wonder clips, I sewed just an 1/8 of an inch to the right of each seam and when I got to the 5th strip, I sewed on my light green (5) strips, right sides together, flipped it over, gave it a good iron and then continued by sewing just a smidge to the right of each seam and when I finished the light green I added the blue green and etc.
Then I followed the directions to add on the back/sides of the table runner.  I used the dark blue V and Co ombre for that.
It fits my table perfectly!
Just making a few more Easter things for the table and we will be ready for a great holiday, kids start school break this Friday for 2 weeks.
The cute Easter bunny basket is a pattern Hack from Molly and Mama's Darling Daisy Bag, find more information here.
I just might make an Easy Table runner for all the seasons, mmm.... summer hear we come!
Check out the hashtags #meandmysisterdesigns #easytablerunner or #12contestmeandmysisterdesigns on IG to see what other people have made

No comments: