21 April 2014

Coming In and Going Out, Sunday Stash

Happy Easter Everyone!

I got a package last week with 9 yards of fabric in it, 6 prints at 1 1/2 yards each.
The fabrics smelled kind of musty so I put them in the Greek sunshine and wind for a day and the smell went away, which is good since I am using 4 and perhaps 5 of the prints in Fabric swaps.
The first 2 are Everything But the Kitchen Sink fabric from RJR Fabrics by Yuko Hasegawa,
Cute little ducks with umbrellas and mushrooms

they are for a 1930's Brick Fabric Charm Swap going on over at Missouri Mel, this swap is all full but if you like 1930's fabrics she will be doing more during the year.
Aren't they cute and small.

P.S. She has a weekly link ups to put in Giveaway's that you find on-line, I just won a charm pack of "Paint" by Carrie Bloomston of the "Collage" Carrie, so excited to get that and will share when I do. So be sure to check that out.

The next 2 are also for a swap, A Christmas Brick Swap!  There are still openings so if you want to get in, pop on over to flickr to sign upAmanda of What the Bobbin is in charge of this one and if you are a lover of fussy cut type of fabrics you want to be in it, there are some seriously cute Christmas fabrics already in the photo pool, plus my 2 totally cute prints.

Mistletoe and Holly also by RJR and Yuko Hasegawa, this is the first time I have come across his fabrics and can I say I just love them.  I need to see what else he has created.  These prints are also very small.

Everything is all cut and ready to be shipped off so I can enjoy an even greater variety of fabrics, with out breaking the bank!
I even made a tutorial on how to cut the bricks a 5" by 10" piece of fabric. Coming soon, I need to figure out how to draw a computer diagram.

If you have read my other previous Sunday post you know I was searching for a specific fabric to make a quilt, well I have my 4 fabrics ready now.
"Drift" from Angela Walters and "Indian Summer" from Sarah Watson
 They look awesome together, both "colors" are a perfect match, a light tan print on a creamy white.
2 Solids will be added to the quilt
The bottom one is AGF Pure Elements Sandstone, this was suggested by the shop that I bought these at, and it matches okay, but what looks even better is Cotton Solid - Silvercloud by Riley Blake Designs.
I picture this quilt as animals hiding in the forest, are you familiar with those types of paintings, I would put one here, but I don't want to step on anyone's copyrighting toes.
Linking up to Sunday Stash.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Fun fabrics, I love getting into swaps. It is such a great way to get variety.

Melissa Miller said...

I can't wait for your two duck prints to arrive. They are so cute! Thanks for mentioning my swap and giveaway link up. Congrats on the win, too! :)

Janine said...

I', looking forward to seeing the quilt you make from those pale fabrics :)