15 March 2013

Pantone Challenge - EMERALD

For my March Goal and the Pantone Challenge going on over at asquaredw blog, I made a WIP/hexagon/embroidery holder!  My own personal WHE Holder, Crazy heh! But totally functional and a great asset to my moveable sewing room.
Do you like my Hexagon Turtle, this is the first time I have ever embroidered, I think he turned out pretty cute, my own design.
The outside front and back cover and how I quilted, crazy hexagons and in the seam.
The inside, big pocket on left and 3 small pockets on the right

The little turtle flap on the left pocket holds needles and the pocket holds WIP's

A close up of the embroidery thread holder and 3 pocket sections, the top one can hold 2 1/2 inch fabric squares for 1 inch hexagons, the middle pocket section has different sized pockets and the 2 brown pockets are pen sized (one is holding the sewline fabric glue pen, that I just happened to get in the mail today), the third bottom row of pockets followed the lines of the hexagons from the front of the bag so they are a little less than 2 1/2 inches, perfect for the 2 inch hexagons.
I wanted the wool to be free of thread so I quilted the top part to a piece of muslin and then sewed the bottom pocket to the outside and then used MistyFuse to connect the wool and the front of the bag and tucked it up under the bottom pocket.  Then I put binding all around it to make sure it wouldn't move around.
Here's my WHE bag next to my Reversible Sewing Machine Cover that I made last month.

Statistics:
27 inches by 14 inches.

Green:
Emerald Batik
Kona Olive

Brown (my neutral color):
Re-purposed pants (the pockets had that design that you see in the middle of the bag)
Brown Wool (from the days when I thought I would make my own diaper covers, hah)
Timber Herringbone

Blue (my "other" color):
are 2 Kona blues, I don't know which ones, they just matched the water on my turtle fabric.

Some more pictures:


I hope you enjoyed my Pantone Challenge WHE Project, whehhhh.....

Linking to : Such a Sew and Sew March Finishes
           and A Lovely Year of Finishes March   

5 comments:

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your embroidery holder is wonderful! I love your thread for the wools and the turtle is great!

On another subject, your blog isn't updating in my blogroll and I just tried to add you so I could follow you in bloglovin and it couldn't find your blog. I wonder if you need to check your settings and make sure your blog is visible to search engines?

Sparky said...

What a terrific idea for all your Presencia threads....totally all over this...how creative you are...

Just Sew Sue said...

What a delightful project and lovely to have all your Presencia threads in one place.

Elizabeth said...

Sew, sew clever! A girl has gotta have fashionable travelling sew stations. I love all the neat features you built in and your turtle is adorable. Congrats on a great finish! Thank you for linking up!

xo -E

Corina said...

Very clever sewing!